Today, we are thrilled to celebrate World Usability Day 2013 (WUD) with a special research feature and a promotion:
- Firstly, we have invited an experienced UX professional to review the site structure of two popular healthcare websites: The Mayo Clinic and WHO.
- Secondly, we're offering you a 7 day only discount on The Optimal Workshop Suite.
I hear a few people asking "what is World Usability Day?". To quote the experts directly: It's a day of worldwide events engaging communities of professional, industrial, educational, citizen and government groups under a common objective: to ensure that the services and products important to life are accessible and easy to use.
This year’s WUD theme is Healthcare: Collaborating for Better Systems.
"The importance of user-centered design in healthcare is truly life or death."
from the World Usability Day website.
Heathcare Information Architecture Review
In response to this year's theme for WUD, we've brought in Dave O’Brien to review a couple of healthcare websites using the Treejack tool. The websites we will review are:
Mayo Clinic: This website offers health information and self-improvement tools. Mayo Clinic's medical experts and editorial professionals bring you access to the knowledge and experience of Mayo Clinic for all your consumer health information needs, from cancer, diabetes and heart disease to nutrition, exercise and pregnancy.
WHO is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. A good source for health topics, data and analyses for monitoring the global health situation.
So the results are in already and Dave is busy writing up his analysis from 160 Treejack survey participants!
Dave has over 20 years of experience in user-centered design for consumer software, vertical markets, engineering/IT systems and software-development tools. His review will evaluate the sites’ organization and labelling techniques. Keep an eye out for these exciting blog posts over the next 7 days.
WUD Promo ~ how to get 30% off The Suite
Yep, that's right, we said 30% off the Optimal Workshop Suite! If you’re from the USA, that's a saving of $597 in your first year. And if you’re from New Zealand, that's a saving of $747. And if you’re from...O.K I'll stop, we could be here all day. So what is involved in this promotion?
An Annual Subscription to three UX tools:
A card sorting tool for information architecture discovery
"OptimalSort surveys are a quick and easy way to find out how people think your content should be organised."
- TreejackA tree testing tool for information architecture research and validation
"Tree testing with Treejack is a usability technique for evaluating the findability of topics in a website by assessing the hierarchy and labelling choices in isolation."
- ChalkmarkMockup & Screenshot Testing Software
"Chalkmark ensures that your users get started on the right foot when they hit your website."
- If you stay subscribed, you get the 30% discount every year.
- You get unlimited studies, tasks, cards, questionnaires and participant responses.
- PLUS: Receive a free copy of Peter Jones 'Design for Care, Innovating Healthcare Experience'. Peter Jones shows you how service and information designers can work with practice professionals and patients/advocates to make a positive difference in healthcare.