CRUX #5: Information architecture in action
In the crowded and complex world we live in, great user experiences can make all the difference to the way we navigate day-to-day life.
CRUX#5 reveals the many faces of information architecture at work and its positive impact in the fields of business, entertainment, education, and more. Our enthusiastic and knowledgeable contributors generously paint a picture of the challenges, opportunities and benefits of harnessing the power of IA in their world.
In this issue:
- Author/teacher and games user research expert Steve Bromley reveals some fascinating, even surprising insights from the niche world of UX for video games.
- Product Designer Katie Del Angel from Shopify shares some of her favorite ways to adopt an IA mindset when designing digital products.
- Digital interactive designer Kate Berry talks information architecture according to the world of visitor experience
- Chantal Schweizer from Earley Information Science dives into the all important area of taxonomies and the merits of following best practice to help drive success in the world of eCommerce
- And UX Researcher Rebecca Klee shares five approaches to increase the alignment and impact of your IA research.
As always we’re grateful to all our contributors for helping shine a light on the fascinating, even addictive world of UX. They certainly captured our imagination and attention – we hope they inspire and even surprise you too.
Welcome to CRUX#5
P.S. We’re already on the lookout for contributors for our next edition of CRUX for 2022. To find out more please drop us a line.